Street Photography Workshop with Richard Kalvar
Join Magnum photographer Richard Kalvar on the streets of London for a three-day street photography masterclass
Work with a master street photographer in order to develop the mindset needed to photograph on the street. Learn about framing and composition, how to navigate crowds and find a picture, and gain invaluable insight into how to develop your own unique photographic voice.
Over three intensive days you will shoot new work and participate in group review sessions where you will explore the editing process to create a meaningful selection of work.
“My street photography is grounded in real people doing real things, and my observing them, reacting to them and trying to squeeze them into a rectangle.” Richard Kalvar
This workshop offers:
– Practical advice on how to approach photographing on the street
– Learn about framing and composition
– Group review sessions
– Editing session
The workshop is open to photographers of all levels, from passionate amateurs to working professionals who want to further refine their skills in the art of street photography.
Where & When
63 Gee Street
EC1V 3RS London
From 17th July till 19th July, 10am to 6pm
We are monitoring the ongoing situation with COVID-19 carefully. Participant safety is of the utmost importance to us and our students and community are at the heart of all that we do. At the moment the workshop is going ahead as planned. But please be aware that due to the ever evolving nature of the situation, we may need to postpone. We will share updates on these pages and via email directly to those who have applied.
The workshop will be held in English.
Price: £750 (incl. VAT)
Terms and Conditions apply.
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Selection and Requirements
Workshop open to 12 participants. The places are allocated on a first come first served basis. We strongly recommend that participants wait for the workshop to be confirmed before booking accommodation and travel to the workshop.
For enquiries relating to this project please email Dubheasa Lanipekun: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to cancel groups with less than 8 participants. Students will be given a full refund. In the event of cancellation, students will be given at least 3 weeks advance notice
• Magnum Photos reserves the right to change or alter the program advertised
• Travel insurance is mandatory.
• The workshop fee does not include international transport, accommodation in London or ground expenses.
• For international applicants, Magnum Photos is not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance
• Cancellations: Magnum will reimburse the totality of the ticket price is cancellation is made at least 21 days before the start of the workshop, minus a £50 administrative fee. We will charge 50% of the ticket price if cancellation is made between 15 and 21 days before the workshop and 100% of the ticket price if cancellation is made less than 15 days before the start of the workshop.